Saturday, March 7, 2009

More of Miss M

Here are some pics of Madeeha from mid January through the first few days of March. She's always up to something. I don't take as many pictures as I used to. She is really into stickers right now. I should be documenting that, but I'm too busy and too lazy I guess. She puts them everywhere and she loves to color with crayons or markers. You'll see the evidence of that. She immediately 'grew up' after her second birthday. She acts so different now...language, questions, body movements, how she plays and how she interacts with people.


She always loves to play with her daddy, although she's been giving him a hard time lately. She's very attached to me right now, but if he finds a way to amuse her, she becomes his biggest fan again. In this picture he's trying to put on her socks.






Look at how long she is!



We put a cartoon on the laptop. That's what she's concentrating on.



Giving one of her looks to daddy.




We went to the Orchard Town Center when we had a break in the weather. We let her play at the playground and walk around a bit. She loves the train there. It wasn't in service that day, but she hopped on and didn't want to leave.



View of the snow capped mountains from the Orchard.


Miss Thang was getting an attitude. You can see by her face that she was not happy about being disciplined.




Just being cute around the house.




She's always loved her Strawberry Shortcake doll from Aunt Judy. But, during the month of February, it became an obsession. Madeeha HAD to have her to go to bed, get in the car or just anytime she forgot that she wasn't holding her, she would beg me to help her find Strawberry.





Here's an example of how she's changed after turning two. She loves to do construction now. She's done this several times. I was so impressed. She slowly hand crafted her masterpiece, making sure that each piece was stable before adding the next one. Then she'd knock it down and start over. Notice the Dora and Diego car inside the cabinet. That was part of a birthday gift and she was also obsessed with that for a while. She gets so excited about Dora. We still don't watch that cartoon, but she always sings D-D-D-D-D-Dora.




She still loves the home improvement stores. She peeled a bunch of little round stickers off of the shelves. They weren't pricing stickers. I don't know what they were for, but I hope that we didn't cause any frustration for the employees.




Later that same night at Taco Bell. Gettin' crazy with daddy, as usual.



One of my favorites!



For whatever reason, she wanted to wear her toy basket over her head.


Peekaboo :D She's holding a pilates band. She stole that from me and has claimed it as forever hers. What's new?





This was the very first time that Madeeha was ever allowed to use markers. You can see why I've delayed her in the art department. She's a little bit more creative than she needs to be. She bit the top off of about 6 markers and completely destroyed them. There's not anything she won't try to break or destroy. The snot smear just adds to her master creation of marker art.



So proud of herself.


The view looking down on the destruction. Notice the coloring book on the floor and markers everywhere. I don't know why, but she just gets a thrill out of eating, breaking and throwing crayons and markers all over the place.



Oh yea, she painted the bottom of her feet too!


Thank God those markers are washable. I bathed her in the bathroom sink and then she wanted to model in her towel wrap. Her dad wrapped her up just like this a few days before and she had to do it again. That's just too cute!





Well, it was my birthday, but you wouldn't have known it. She gets so excited about birthdays! She sings Happy Birthday to herself pretty much everyday. She is such a character. Here she is getting super excited that she's going to get some cake.



Scoping the cake.


Now she's getting that sneaky, I'm gonna bite into this cake if you don't hurry up, expression.


Trying to get a family pic...


...there she is, looking crazy.


After Imran and Madeeha each gave me a card and a present, they took me to the Rock Bottom Brewery where we had a great meal and more cake. Madeeha kept herself very busy. She harassed one of the waitresses. She was following an employee around that was trying to clean and stock tables. Madeeha kept telling her "Look! It's a dinosaur!" Our waitress was very nice to her and told us how great Madeeha's manners are.




How I wish that I could be as cute as she is! She's wearing her new Dora sunglasses.



Cheeeeeese!!!




Madeeha and I were both sick pretty much all throughout February, and so were all of our friends. It was a difficult month as far as illnesses goes. She had a horrible rash on her cheeks from swiping the snot with her arm. We are finally able to put her hair up in one pony tail. She looks like Pebbles. She's been begging to be put on her daddy's shoulders lately. He bounces and runs around the house and she couldn't be happier when he does that for her. Poor guy, she spent almost an entire week begging to sit on his shoulders, even when he was just watching tv.





And here is the latest breaking news! I've become a nanny to the neighbor's baby. She is 7 mos old and her name is Riya. She's really sweet and quiet. She needs lots of attention, but as long as I sit near her, she's usually happy. I've only watched her twice so far and will pick it up again next week. Madeeha loves her, but she does get a little bit jealous. When I walk with the baby, Madeeha follows me and pulls and reaches and begs me to hold her too. I try to include her as much as possible with everything. I let Madeeha wake her from her nap and I let her get involved with the bottle feeding. She also 'helps' me with diaper changes. I dressed Riya in one of Madeeha's hats and a sweater so that we could sit on the patio. The weather was really nice that day.



Cutie pie is such a sweet baby.


Madeeha likes to take pictures with her.


Isn't this the cutest, sweetest thing?!

No comments: